Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Name

My name, Shu Mei means alot of things. It is actually broken into two parts, "SHU" means kind and gentle while "MEI" means beautiful. My parents decided to add another character to it, and now it means magnetism. My sister teases me about this alot but I dont really mind, I like thinking that my name is unique and different. When I was younger, I hated my name. I wanted some fancy name like 'sparkles' or something like that. I got teased about my name and people used to tease me and call me Shoe May and I hated it alot. After some time, I just didnt bother about it and now, I actually love it. I got my name after my sister was named, Shu Hsien. Usually Chinese families, sblings have a name in common and my parents decided to name me 'Shu Mei'. They went to their friend to help them find a name for me, and thats how I got my name.

1 comment: